I had a battery charging problem with my iPhone. Whilst it was on charge the charging cable melted. I have restarted my phone and now all I see on the screen is the Apple logo on a white screen. What’s the problem and how can I fix it?
It sounds like you used a non-Apple charging cable.
As a result of the cable malfunction, the power IC probably got damaged.
The first step to check how to handle this problem is to hold the power and home button until the phone reboots. If it reboots you have fixed the issue.
If this doesn’t work, hold the power button for at least 5 seconds. Whilst holding the power button also hold the home button simultaneously for 15 seconds. When the phone reboots and the Apple logo appears release the power button. Continue to hold the home button and wait for the “Connect To iTunes” direction to appear. Then restore your device.
If these steps do not work the charging system is malfunctioning. You should follow this guide to replace your battery. If the battery looks OK you may need to replace the power IC. This is very tricky and you may be best to take your phone to a cell phone repair centre.